Reducing harm caused by alcohol

Who to talk to…

If you are worried about how much or how often someone is drinking alcohol there are some people you can talk to.  That person may be a family member, a friend, a teacher or another person that you trust. Here are some other sources of dvice and support


Childline is for Children and young people and can help with any issues which cause distress or concern to children and young people including child abuse, bullying, self harm, substance misuse, parental separation and pregnancy.

Visit Childline website  Tel: 0800 1111  Email or online counselling

A.D.A.M. (Another’s Drinking Affects Me)

A.D.A.M. is a website for young people aged 11+  to explore how they may be affected by another person’s drinking.  The website offers advice and guidance on how to cope and has a link to a directory of services to help you get the help and support you may need in your area (Scotland only). Visit A.D.A.M. website

Young Boozebusters

Visit Website  Boozebusters is for anyone affected by their own or someone else’s drinking.  They provide a range of services. If you have a question about alcohol or need help you can ou can contact boozebusters by telephone on 0141 772 1222 or if you have a question about alcohol or need help contact Becky Visit Young Boozebusters website   Tel: 0141 772 1222

Al-Anon Website -  Al-Anon provides support  for family & friends of problem drinkers They are open 24 hours. Visit Al-anon website   Tel: 0141 339 8884

Other people to talk to

Scottish Commissioner for Children and Young People  – for information on the rights of children and young people.

Visit Website     Telephone 0800 019 1179  Email

Respect Me - Scotland’s anti-bullying service. Visit Website